Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Clear Skin Interview: How Charlotte Cleared her Skin by Washing her Face with Honey

Charlotte

Charlotte

Hey friends :)

The following is an interview with the lovely Charlotte Hobbs of the website Sheepishly Shameful.

This is one in a series of short interviews with peeps who have cleared their skin naturally & holistically to find out what worked for them and what didn’t!

These are posted every other week, and if you have cleared your skin naturally and want to fill out your own interview to be featured on The Love Vitamin, then just click here!


What was your experience with acne? How many years did you have it; how did it make you feel?

8 years and counting! I have had acne for 8 years, varying from mild to moderate.

What kinds of things did you try prior to holistic healing that didn’t work?

As someone who is a vegetarian and with quite green beliefs, I struggled with chemical face washes but as a teen this is all that seemed available. When I first had acne, I tried every brand of OTC face wash but nothing really worked.

I tried benzoyl peroxide gel and salicylic acid face wash but I panicked about the chemicals in BP and was very much a believer that anything you put on your skin, you’re going to absorb!

I then went natural and tried OCM (broke me out horribly!), ACV, baking soda, you name it, I’ve tried it!

How did you discover that acne could be treated holistically?

After many internet searches I started to find alternative methods and found that natural products generally get much better reviews than commercial products.

What were the specific things that made the biggest difference to your skin? What worked for you?

Honey!!! Thanks to The Love Vitamin I discovered honey cleansing and would urge anyone with acne to try it!

It leaves my skin glowing and reduces my acne to literally a couple of spots now and again compared to the moderate acne I had before using it. I’ve also found that it helps unclog pores when massaging it in to my skin.

I’ve also found that if I am ever a bit lapse with exercise and general health and my skin plays up, then I take three 500mg capsules of Evening primrose oil a day too. This helps with my hormonal acne.

Were there any obstacles? Things you found difficult about the whole process?

Honey can be a bit of a pain to apply when you have a boyfriend round or are going camping.

It’s also frustrating when your skin isn’t 100% clear all the time. My skin has been really good for the past few months but has flared up in the past week due to stress, lack of exercise, and alcohol mixed with late nights (tut tut, I know!).

It’s also can be a bit demoralizing when you try a natural method and it doesn’t work (like OCM for me).

How did you feel once your skin cleared up?

Finally getting it under control is the best feeling ever! It’s increased my confidence and general self happiness. I no longer dread looking in the mirror and if I have a breakout I can pin point the cause and get it sorted :)


Bio: Charlotte is an actor based in the UK. When ‘resting’ from acting, Charlotte likes to write about life, love, laughing, beauty and fashion on her blog sheepishlyshameful.com

The post Clear Skin Interview: How Charlotte Cleared her Skin by Washing her Face with Honey appeared first on The Love Vitamin.

No comments:

Post a Comment