Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Happy Holidays from South America!

Tracy Raftl Machu Picchu

A very rainy day at Machu Picchu

Hola amigas! Just wanted to wish you some very happy holidays from South America!

Luke and I are about three weeks into a seven week trip, in which we’re traveling through Peru, Bolivia, and northern Chile.

So far we’ve visited Lima (the capital of Peru), Cusco, Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley of the Incas, and done an amazing five day trek through the Andes.

Now we’re headed onto Bolivia, where we will probably spend Christmas on the famous Lake Titicaca.

Anyway, this isn’t a big post, just wanted to say hi and send my well wishing for a great holiday season.

No matter what you eat, what you drink this season, no matter what you do that you think you shouldn’t have – let it go, and enjoy the time with your friends and family. You’re going to remember that more than any pimples you might have had.

To relate, eating a healthy diet down here is somewhat of an impossibility – or at least very difficult. Finding vegetables in restaurants is really tricky (even cooked ones), and raw ones might make us gringos sick.

Instead, meat, rice, corn, potatoes, sugary stuff, and white bread abound.

My skin isn’t loving it, but I’m just letting it go because why ruin such an amazing experience by stressing about it, right?

Instead, my big lesson down here has been of acceptance… in fact, I had a pretty wild experience down here that resulted in some crazy personal growth lessons that I can’t wait to share with you.

I have a lot to say, but I don’t feel like I can tell you what it is or do justice to the experience until I get home and have time to really share it with you in earnest…

So I’m going to leave you with a little cliffhanger and some photos :p

You’re going to get some more clear skin interviews and guest posts for the next while, and when I get home in late January, it’s game on.

Hasta luego chicas :)

Lima

Lima

Cusco

Exploring the hills around Cusco

San Blas

Wandering the streets of San Blas in Cusco

Humantay Lake in the Andes

Humantay Lake in the Andes

Salkantay Pass at 4600 metres above sea level

Salkantay Pass at 4600 metres above sea level

On our way to Machu Picchu

On our way to Machu Picchu

The post Happy Holidays from South America! appeared first on The Love Vitamin.

No comments:

Post a Comment