Friday, December 11, 2015

This McDonald's News Changes Everything

When I think of McDonald’s, I think of quick, cheap fast food that I typically only get when there isn’t another option close by or I’m just having a serious French fry craving.

My guess is that the McGreasy food chain knows I think this way, as do many other health-conscious consumers. Therefore, they need to put a fresh spin on things in order to grab our attention. That’s where McCafé comes in.

You May Also Like: How to Prevent Unwanted Weight Gain

A new venture for the brand, these fast-casual, café-style eateries will offer healthier menu options with ingredients like quinoa, kale and Brussels sprouts (think salads, soups, etc., as well as grab-and-go items).

But, don’t jump for joy just yet. McDonald’s is launching the concept in Toronto, Canada first to test the market, and if it’s successful, we could see it make its way to the U.S. sometime in the future.

“I think this a great step for a corporate food chain to bring in more nutrient-dense food choices to their menu, which helps to increase nutrition awareness and is importance to good health,” says celebrity nutritionist Paula Simpson. “On the other hand, I hope mass food production and technology aren't taking out those critical nutrients that make these foods so healthy!” 

So, would you try it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment