Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Oil Cleanser for People Who Don’t Like a Greasy Feel

Maybe it’s the fact that I’ve crossed into 30-something territory (and the drier skin and fine lines that come with it) or that this New York winter has reached record low temperatures, but my skin care mantra of the moment is all oil all the time. I’ve replaced all of my regular go-to products with their oil counterparts from shampoo (Shu Uemura Art of Hair Cleansing Oil Shampoo) and moisturizer (Sisley Black Rose Face Oil) to body cream (Elizabeth Arden Eight-Hour Cream All over Miracle Oil).

You May Also Like: 11 Innovative Facial Oils to Know About Now

But, my favorite oil product of the moment is a cleanser—Tom Ford Purifying Cleansing Oil to be specific. Despite my oil obsession, I’ve mostly shied away from cleansing oils, because most have a heavier texture that just feels like adding grease onto an already greasy face at the end of the day. But when Tom Ford’s version came across my desk, I had to give it a try (because…Tom Ford!) and I’ve finally replaced the last step in my daily regimenwith oil.

This cleansing oil, first off, has zero grease factor, despite being packed with nutrient-rich conditioning oils such as jasmine flower oil, evening primrose oil, buriti oil and tamanu oil. The formulation is exceptionally lightweight and can dissolve a face full of makeup (apply to dry skin) with just two to three pumps and doesn't irritate skin or eyes. Once makeup has been removed, simply add a splash of warm water and the cleanser emulsifies and easily rinses clean without any effort or residue. The product also contains only the faintest trace of fragrance, a refreshing departure from the frequent perfume-laden skin care products coming out of luxury brands. I’m left with super soft skin that’s moisturized to perfection and gives off that coveted Tom Ford glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment